Empathy Driven Development
Feature development and bug squashing, backed by 10+ years of customer service and technical support experience.
Kapost: 10/2018 - present
Language emphasis: React
- Collaboratively sized and groomed planned feature work with other engineers, product, and design team members for three large feature releases.
- Participated in rolling point-guard rotation: bug triage, on-call, manage deployments.Revamped existing features written in Backbone and Coffeescript into React/Redux while expanding features and functionality.
- Reviewed teammate’s code in 100+ PRs.
- Iteratively refactored code based on teammates reviews in 90+ PRs opened by me.
- Practiced pair programming in person and over Zoom with senior engineers.
- Ensured that test coverage of checked in code did not exceed 3% missing coverage standard.
Technical Support Analyst
Kapost: 08/2016 - 11/2018
Language emphasis: Ruby
Technical Support Analyst specializing in troubleshooting and resolving customer-facing issues.
- Interfaced with customers regarding their questions about the product, bug triage, and technical issues while serving the Customer Success, Professional Services, and Engineering teams.
- Transitioned ownership of SSO SAML configurations between Kapost and customer systems, which was previously a DevOps responsibility.
- Ruby scripting to support reporting needs for Customer Success team through the Kapost API.
- Documented troubleshooting methods and problem resolutions.
- Provided product training for new Implementation Managers.
- Trained new Support team members.
API Reporting Scripts
- Collaborated with Customer Success Managers to gather requirements and discover reporting inefficiencies.
- Produced and iterated on 15+ Ruby, each of which saved CSMs more than 4 hours per report.
- Documented Ruby / API client installation, script examples, recommendations on moving the project forward for posterity’s sake.
Exhaustive Professional Experience
The entirety of my employment history can be found on my LinkedIn profile.
Western Governors University
2016 - 2017
Bachelor of ScienceSoftware Development
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Security+
Moody Bible Institute
2006 - 2010
Bachelor of Arts Counseling & Psychology
- React / Redux
- Ruby / Rails
- HTML / CSS